Saturday 1 October 2011

Topman Mannequins @ Oxford Circus London


[ Images taken from Topman - London ]





Whilst on my little research trip to London ofcourse I had to pop into Topshop, and as this year I am focusing on Menswear I thought it appropriate for a wander around Topman. The difference from High street to High end in London is so comparable in so many aspects, from atmosphere and customer to the layout. One thing that really stuck with me from Topman was the orderly lines in which mannequins were placed and the use of cages throughout the store. Over the summer I have been thinking a lot about how we are meant to be 'Free' in this world, yet there are so many rules it is literally like a cage around our minds stopping us from expressing ourselves or being different due to the consequences we fear. I think I may be looking too deeply into the styling of the store, but I just feel if you were to ponder as if this was a piece of art, that is definetly how i would see it. Nevertheless the way the store was set out did give the feel of conformity along with splashes of colour and clothes breaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment